Wednesday, December 30, 2009

White Ribbon

I saw "White Ribbon" tonight at the Film Forum in Manhattan. Those of you who are attending NYU or FIT or Cooper etc. should keep this place in mind. It's over on Houston Street (remember it's not pronounced like the city in Texas) just west of 6th Avenue. It shows a lot of great stuff, mostly oldies, but also foreign films that won't be released widely in the US. It's a treasure, really, and if you're living in the area, use it.

Tonight I saw a great film, "White Ribbon." I'm too tired right now to expand on it, but if it gets released widely, (which I doubt) go see it. It's an amazing film.

I hope everyone is well. Best wishes for a great New Year. Was Y2K really ten years ago?

PS. Article in today's NY Times about "The Big Lebowski." Any Dude lovers out there, check it out.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds great Mr. Bennett! I've heard a lot of positive things on this film and it recently won the Best Foreign Film Award from the National Society of Film Critics. I think it would be great to see!

    I hope that you enjoyed your New Year, and yes we have been living on borrowed time for 10 years since Y2K. I have seen a few movies in the last few days, I should post on them.

    Just so you have a preview, I saw Billy Jack, Up in the Air, and Avatar.

    3 very strong films -- you would especially enjoy Up in the Air, but I will expand soon (I am also too tired).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great film, watched it tonight. Still wondering who the "criminals" are. I read the wikipedia entry about this movie. It has the following quote about the idea of film, from the Director Michael Haneke, he says that it's about "the origin of every type of terrorism, be it of political or religious nature." I think this is interesting especially because of the fact that the movie concludes with the assassination of the Arch Duke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw the movie too..but didnt got it :\

    ReplyDelete
  4. With each one of these powerful game titles in your array, we want to reassert exactly how critical Final Wonderland is. We're making each and every energy to measure up to fans' objectives.And they did not hold on there, perhaps referencing the terrible financials and altering from the guard at the business. Since previous fiscal 12 months together with the reports individuals earnings get in touch with as well as transforming Boss, Apologies that we have now triggered a lot of problems. With E3 The year 2013 since each of our foundation position, we're going to intensely drive onward in the more powerful and greater method. Up to now, therefore remorseful then.
    Fifa 15 Ultimate Team Coins

    Fifa 15 coins PC

    ReplyDelete